tirsdag 1. november 2011
We have too many projects, and something has to go - although we truly, genuinely hate to sell anything...
This is a really great car - an early 1950 Bordeoux Red VW Split Window Beetle. This thing has always been an absolute keeper - because it is rust free!
This is a partly dismantled project - but all complete! As shown on the picture; A rolling shell with glass and doors on a complete, untouched chassis. ALL other parts are in boxes.
- Very original, very very solid body.
- Early 1950 Export model with chrome & ivory, yet mechanical brakes
- The nicest color of them all; Bordeux Red (very nice inside - fantastic patina outside)
- Virtually rust-free..floorpans, heater channels - no holes!
- Very nice, complete, original interior (seats and side panels)
- Original, color-coded gas tank
- Original, good doors + hood, engine lid and all 4 fenders - correct!
- All correct, hard-to-find parts are included; Bumpers, lights, chrome, dash, glass, handles...etc. All of it!
- Very nice, untouched, complete (K-mainfold, coffee can and all!) 1950-engine from the same month of production
- Rear end / rear apron cut off (sidewalls, shelves and bumper mounts are included)
- Dented front apron (but no rust)
- Missing semaphores and carpets
Our plan was to paint/fade/patinate the fenders/hood/lid and drive it as-is with the cool patina and funky, white speed-stripe as pictured.
Price estimate is in the 60.000 NOK-range, with minus for deletion of parts or plus if you want it assembled. Open to offers. Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Our good Porsche-friend, Kari from Finland has just completed one of the most amazing Pre-A restorations on the planet and guess what he foudn left over in his garage after the work? A set of window frames numbered "722" - which proves they originate from our very own Coupe #10722. Amazing stuff....and now he wants to trade for a speedo and combi-gauge for a late-50-ies 356. The green style made by VDO....anybody have some to offer?